The European North African Centre of Research is seeking 4 interns to join the “Peace, Conflict and Security” unit with a tentative start on Mid-March 2022 for a period of three months with possibility of extension.
This position is fully remote and can be done from any location with a reliable internet service. Under the supervision of the Director of EUNACR and the “Peace, Conflict and Security” lead, the selected interns will work closely on a wide-range of global threats such as violent extremism and terrorism and their impacts on different countries across the Mediterranean.
• Supports and conducts research and writing and develops documents related to conflict, peace and security across the Mediterranean.
• Provides support for virtual and in-person (when possible) events
• Assist in administrative tasks, such as supporting event logistics and taking notes during meetings and events.
• Analyze data using various methods, and write reports to summarize data and the implications of the results
Skills and Competencies
• Education at the following level: Current B.A, M.A or Ph.D. student studying international relations, conflict resolution, political science, economics, or a related field.
• Familiarity with international NGOs and international development and security issues.
• Demonstrates good organizational skills, can plan and prioritize own work and work of internal stakeholders.
• Strong writing, editing, and research skills, including qualitative methods.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong interpersonal skills. ability to meet reasonable deadlines, to work in an international team
• Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to multi-task and work under deadlines in a dynamic environment.
We offer inspiring and vibrant environment for young professionals’ personal and professional growth in the field global politics.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
1. Cover letter (500 maximum)
3. A brief writing sample demonstrating your research and writing ability (optional)
Applications should be in English. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. Please submit your application to the following email.