Human Rights Weekly Edition
European North African Center for Research is seeking three interns to join our “Human Rights Weekly” edition, with a tentative start on January 20th, 2023, for a period of three months.
This position is remote and can be done from any location with reliable internet service.
Under the supervision of the Director of EUNACR and the “Human Rights Weekly edition” lead, the selected interns will work on weekly reports on selected issues of Human Rights in Africa and the Middle East.
Reporters will be following up on human rights selected topics on weekly basis.
Interns will also take the lead in suggesting human rights cases to report on.
– Open for international applicants (preferably from the EU states or MENA region) with no preference over others.
– Be a graduate or an undergraduate at least in their third year in humanitarian international law, human rights studies, and international relations.
– The internship should be related to the intern’s career and goals.
– The respect for the values of integrity, simplicity, and cross-culture differences within work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Conducting in-depth online research for the purpose of preparing briefing reports on
– Assisting the lead in reviewing its mandate and policy material.
– Functioning as a self-sustaining member of our team.
Skills and Competencies:
– Fluency in one or more of the following languages: Arabic, English, French or Spanish.
(Fluency in French is preferred but not required).
– Experienced in conducting research or authoring articles, reviews, opinions, or op-eds.
– Observing deadlines and achieving results within the team’s objectives.
– Shows respect and compatibility for team accomplishments and mandates.
– An elevated level of attention to detail and manipulation of complex information.
– Good command of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Interested applicants should include a resume and a cover letter (500 words maximum).
-Applications should be in English. A writing sample is not required for this position.
Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. Please submit your application to the following email: